From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: what means 'starting' in the status for a continuous replication?
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:43:02 GMT
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Andrew U. Frank
<frank@geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> i have asked this question but did not get an answer:
> the problem persists - any hlep?
>
> i start continuous replication (using curl) and see then in futon the stauts
> as 'starting'. it seems to work (in the sense that new documents are
> replicated). is there a way to see if two couchdb replications are on the
> same state? (short of starting a non-continous replication)?

Is is trunk you're using?

If so, the status was kept as "Starting" until the first checkpoint
happens. So, if you start a continuous replication and the target is
up to date with the source, that "Starting" status will remain until
the source gets updated and the updates are propagated to the target.
Recently the status update was changed to say "Starting (from source
sequence 1234)" when resuming a replication. I'm also about to change
it again to provide a rough idea of the replication state by
mentioning the source's current sequence number in addition to the
currently processed source sequence number. E.g. "Processed 1234 /
5789".

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org