From Yogesh Khambia <ykham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: view index generation for single document and bulk documents
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 22:34:49 GMT
Hi Marcello,

Thanks for information.
In fact the information about the data being updated to the last record is
required, with the condition that end user should not have a notifiable
waiting ime (not more than 20 sec).
For testing, I did measurements with CouchDB-1.0.1 and CouchDB-1.1.0 for the
clean installation database on Ubuntu machine(single core) with only CouchDB
running on the machine. A writer from my another machine writes documents to
the database.
I observed a significant difference between the writing speed as follows:

CouchDB-1.0.1

CouchDB-1.1.0

Writing speed

5 Docs/sec

20-25 docs/sec

I am sticking with CouchDB-1.0.1 for my project now as I am using it for
quite sometime and it is stable. For Windows it crashed (we know that
Windows is not officially supported platform). so for now, I am not using
'stale=update_after'.