From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang Filesystem errors and Couchdb Performance
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:03:29 GMT
You might both check that the CouchDB user has access to its home directory.
I think if it doesn't the default init script might fail, but if
you're launching CouchDB yourself using your own daemon monitoring
system and it doesn't have access to its home directory (but
permissions are right for the log, lib, etc dirs), it might be that
Erlang is checking the current directory first (hence the ./) when
trying to load modules and failing. It would then find those modules
later on down the module path, and so it doesn't cause a problem.

I suggest looking at the CouchDB user's home directory assuming that's
the current working directory the way you're launching it, but it may
be a different directory that's current, depending on you run things.