From Jason Smith <>
Subject Re: Problem with czech alphabet in View_Collation
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:42:43 GMT
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Paul Davis <> wrote:
> Now that we've moved to using NIF's I had been contemplating rewriting
> the ICU driver as a NIF to see if there were any performance
> differences. As part of that I would investigate the ability to pass
> in these tailoring bits to allow people to do fancier ICU collation
> that's been requested a couple times.

Perhaps this is the wrong place to do this, but a feature I'd like to
see is specifying sort direction of keys in an array. This would give
AFAIK 100% compatibility with the Google App Engine indexing system;
thus in principle App Engine apps could be ported to CouchDB.

emit([doc.first_name, doc.last_name, doc.age], 1);

It is not possible for first names to sort ascending, last names to
sort descending, and age to sort ascending again. The example may seem
contrived but it happens all the time.

Iris Couch

View raw message