From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does couchdb treat o or ø or ô the same way?
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:37:20 GMT
This is due to how ICU collation works and how its not at all
intuitive when it comes to accents and other things. I think the
example that gave me a mind bending introduction was to create a view
that emits "a", "aa", "A", "AA" only to be suprised that it gets
sorted as "a", "A", "aa", "AA" which is nutty if you're only familiar
with asciibetical.

HTH,
Paul Davis