From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reduces out of order?
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2011 02:07:13 GMT
Hmmm... I don't think it's a good idea to have an order sensitive reduce function. Also I think
you are thinking about the actual view index which is ordered by the key you emit from the
map function.

I believe couch will reduce each b-tree node worth of the view and store those, then rereduce
those and parts of nodes as needed so your reduced queries only do part of the work.

I hope that made some sense.

On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:17 PM, Charles Lehner <celehner1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a reduce function that is sensitive to row order. My understanding is that reduces
are supposed to get their rows sorted by key. But this one is getting them out of order; in
fact, the order changes inconsistently between replications.