From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:30:56 GMT

On 3 Jun 2011, at 14:10, Marcel Bruch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently evaluating whether we could use couchdb as embedded DB for one of your
projects. So far we use couchdb on server side but would like to synchronize some data with
various Eclipse clients .

> I came across http://damienkatz.net/2009/08/wanted_couchdb_eclipse_plugin.html and https://github.com/pittypanda/com.pittypanda.plugins.couch#readme
>
> The latter seems to require some working servers already installed, and the former makes
me believe that no solution is available yet. Is this right?

> I'm experienced with Eclipse, but unfortunately not experienced enough to know how to
install/run Erlang runtimes in Eclipse :(

I don't know much about the state of the above nor eclipse, but running CouchDB in "embedded
mode" is just like calling like any other third party command-line tool. What other specific
requirements does Eclipse have?

Cheers
Jan