From Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
Subject Are server-generated doc IDs better?
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:25:50 GMT
If my client code has access to a ready supply of unique ID strings (in my case, Cocoa’s
CFUUID API), is there any disadvantage to using those to create document IDs, versus using
IDs generated by the server’s /_uuids endpoint?

On a similar note, if I’m talking to a server on localhost (from a mobile/desktop app) is
there any reason not to use POST to create new documents? The warning in the docs seems to
apply only if there are intermediate proxies that might repeat the request.

—Jens