From Marcel Bruch <br...@cs.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:14:21 GMT
>> In any case, I will give it a try and create a simple feature + plug-in for Eclipse
that packages the latest CouchDB w/ Erlang runtime for MacOSX  + code that starts CouchDB
from within Eclipse.

> Awesome!

I spent few minutes on this today. Starting/stoping an instance of CouchDB from within Eclipse
works. Configuration parameters like "database_dir" "util_driver_dir" etc., however, still
point to the build folder. This needs some adjustments, for example by rewriting the configuration
file on startup.

How can we continue?
1. To use CouchDB from Eclipse support for most popular os is needed. This should include
win32/64, linux32/64, and mac32/64.
2. The configuration issues need to be solved.
3. To use CouchDB at Eclipse the code of CouchDB and Erlang must pass an IP check. Especially
for Erlang this may take some time.

While the latter is more my problem than yours, how about the former two? Is it realistic
to get builds for other os from CouchDB community?

The (minimalistic) Eclipse/Java code to start/stop CouchDB is round about 20 lines and will
grow to a few hundred lines I think to deal with configuration rewrites etc.

Let me know what you think about it.

Thanks,
Marcel