From David Hardtke <da...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: how to sum values of a view in a date range?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:26:52 GMT
Hi Fabio,

This should work.  You can use the _sum builtin as reduce:

"reduce":"_sum"

You then need to query your view with the proper group level and a
startkey and endkey:

GET
db/_design/power/_view/watt?group_level=2&startkey=[2011,3]&endkey=[2011,4]&inclusive_end=false

That gives you the sum for the month of March.