From Marcel Bruch <br...@cs.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:36:11 GMT
On 03.06.2011, at 17:30, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> I don't know much about the state of the above nor eclipse, but running CouchDB in "embedded
mode" is just like calling like any other third party command-line tool. What other specific
requirements does Eclipse have?

The word "embedded" was not well chosen. It shouldn't be required to have a local Erlang runtime
nor CouchDB to be installed *before* on client side.

However, I just recognized that couchdb is started via commandline "/usr/bin/erl <many
options>", right? Thus, what's needed is (i) a Erlang runtime installation as a plug-in
and (ii) a couchdb installation as plug-in. Both plug-ins would be platform-specific, right?

If so, we need to come up with 2 x 2 x "OS-Variants" plug-ins? If we would like to support
Mac 32/64, Win 32/64, Linux 32/64 we need 2 x 2 x 6 = 24 plug-ins?

Thanks helping me to grasp what would be needed to run CouchDB on a client.