From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject 256kB stack size ok?
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 12:50:46 GMT
Does anyone have an idea of what a safe minimum stack size is for
couch?   I have it on a linux openVZ slice, and OVZ counts something
called "allocated memory" which AFAICT most closely resembles the
"writable/private" stat found with pmap -d.

At start-up, beam.smp has 12 threads; with a default stack of 8MB each,
that's 96MB.  After a while it grows to 25 threads and about a 1/4 GB
of "allocated memory".    I'd expect that to be the minimum using a
default stack size.

So I cut the system stack size to 256kB, which reduced my overall mem
usage by more than half,  and WRT to couch, about 90%.  Everything
seems okay, but am totally unfamiliar with erlang, and was just
wondering if someone in the know here can provide some reassurance.

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)