From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject Re: when will utf8 handling be fixed?
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:25:35 GMT
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 12:28:03 -0700
Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com> wrote:

> One problem that often bites me - someone forgets to include the
> UTF-8 charset in the Content-Type header.  Missing that can often
> mangle the handling of high byte characters.
>
> When setting your Content-Type with curl this is often done something
> like:
>
> curl -H "Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8" ....

As mentioned in my other follow-up, I could not replicate the problem
via curl -- even without Content-type set, couch was okay with
multi-byte characters.

BUT: even setting the content-type correctly in the node request, couch
was not okay (wtf?).

Watching the two transfers in wireshark, I do not see a difference.
But couch's stdout dump is missing the last few bytes.

So I am completely stumped.

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)