From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject Re: Updates
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:46:53 GMT
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 14:52:59 -0700
Mark Hahn <mark@boutiquing.com> wrote:
> I just hate writing server-side pages that only take an ajax call to
> do one small thing when I can just get it directly from the db with
> ajax.

Much of what I'm doing requires a logged in user, cookie data, et
al.   This has to include ajax routes, because it is spec that we
block spoofing by people who try to bypass the interface (which also
means data validation has to be done server-side). Since those
authentication and validation routines are already part of the server
code proper, I don't want to duplicate/rewrite them for couch.

> There is probably a performance advantage of going around the
> other server also.

I imagine a very negligible one.

MK

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)