From "Paul C. Bryan" <paul.br...@forgerock.com>
Subject Re: JSON Patch Internet Draft 01
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:31:04 GMT
On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 11:42 -0700, Eli Stevens (Gmail) wrote:

> Is it possible to use those outside of the context of an HTTP request?

Definitely, but then concurrency control would be something that the
alternate implementation would be required to provide. In our
application, we use a "rev" (similar to CouchDB) parameter in our
resource-oriented API, which provides equivalent functionality—something
we need for our update operations as well as patch.

Paul