then to query the view:

curl -X GET "http://localhost:5981/dbname/_design/docname/_view/viewname?key=%22Beobachtung%22&include_docs=true

See http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API for details on querying views and other options.

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International

On May 15, 2011, at 2:18 PM, Alexander Gabriel wrote:

thanks a lot for your help. So I can define a view that includes the Typ
field and filter for it.
But how do I fetch the data from the view using curl?

Using a list seems like more work.

Alexander Gabriel

2011/5/15 Jim Klo <jim.klo@sri.com>

You need to define a view, using the name as at least part of the key or
create a list. Then you can filter using the key in a view or some parameter
you pass using a list.

I suggest taking a look a Max Ogden's talk on CouchDB. It's a great
jumpstart for a newbie.

http://vimeo.com/18808177

- Jim