From Gabor Ratky <rg...@rgabostyle.com>
Subject Re: Admin password change - Futon?
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 08:33:28 GMT
There must be a way to manage this in the CouchOne / IrisCouch interface. Unfortunately I have
no clue where exactly it is. Ask them, if you can't find it.

On Friday, May 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Wordit wrote:

> Thanks Gabor,
>
> The DB is hosted on CouchOne/Couchbase so I cannot access the file
> system. Do you mean I can delete the admin user in Futon's config
> section, then recreate it?
>
> The DB is in use for a web app so I don't want to disrupt it except
> for a minute or so.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcus
>

> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Gabor Ratky <rgabo@rgabostyle.com (mailto:rgabo@rgabostyle.com)>
wrote:
> > Edit the [admins] section of local.ini (usually at /usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini
but depends on where you have couchdb installed). You can just have "username = password"
in plain text, CouchDB will take care of hashing the password afterwards. Also, if you delete
all admin rows, you are back to admin party and you can set up a shiny new admin user using
Futon.