From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Queries on CouchDB tests done using Tsung
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 08:24:37 GMT
Hey,

On 03.05.2011, at 09:52, Sajeesh P N wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am presently doing CouchDB performance tests using the Tsung tool keeping the default
configurations for CouchDB. I would like to get a clarity on the following questions:-

> 1) For every requests queried from Tsung, whether CouchDB is creating a new connection
for each?

The default for HTTP load testing in Tsung creates a new connection per request by default,
IIRC. But it somehow depends on what you want to test.

> 2) I would like to increase the no. of requests handled by CouchDB. What configuration
in Couchdb should I modify and how much should be the value or limit?

I'd say that's hard to answer per se. What kind of requests? Reading documents? Creating?
Accessing views? ...

If you could elaborate a bit more on what you want to test/benchmark, it might be easier to
answer.

Best

Sebastian