From Peter Nolan <peterwno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data.js — A Graph Manipulation Framework on top of CouchDB
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 12:39:14 GMT
Don't mean to highjack the email chain, but somethings been bugging me for
quite some time and was hoping one of you guys could help me.

In general, what does the underscore symbol generally mean in OOP?  For
example, when viewing other peoples code i see a bunch of {}._someProperty -
why do they add the underscore?

Generally when i code i add the underscore symbol as a simple means of
keeping the 'important' stuff first in the directory listing on my computer.
 But what does it generally mean to the community?

(underscore.js is what prompted this question btw)

Great work again man,

-Pete