From Wordit <>
Subject Re: Admin password change - Futon?
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 13:59:05 GMT
Thanks Gabor,

The DB is hosted on CouchOne/Couchbase so I cannot access the file
system. Do you mean I can delete the admin user in Futon's config
section, then recreate it?

The DB is in use for a web app so I don't want to disrupt it except
for a minute or so.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Gabor Ratky <> wrote:
> Edit the [admins] section of local.ini (usually at /usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini but
depends on where you have couchdb installed). You can just have "username = password" in plain
text, CouchDB will take care of hashing the password afterwards. Also, if you delete all admin
rows, you are back to admin party and you can set up a shiny new admin user using Futon.
> Gabor
> On Friday, May 27, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Wordit wrote:
>> Is there a way to change an admin password in Futon? (Only one admin
>> user so far)
>> What's the simplest way otherwise?
>> Thanks,
>> Marcus