From Stefan Podkowinski <spo...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving Partitions
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 10:43:23 GMT
Hello Couch Users

As I'm about to develop a deployment strategy for my current company,
theres one aspect left that keeps me puzzled. While couch seems to be
pretty disk hungry I need a way to scale in terms of disk space and
decided to setup oversharding right from the start. I plan to create a
couple of logical partitions on a single server that I can move later
to another server to free disk space. Propably using lounge for that.

What I'm wondering though is how to move the data to a new node in
that case. E.g. lets say I have node A with 16 logical partitions. Now
I like to move 8 of them to a new node B. How can I move the data for
only those 8 partitions to the new node? I can't just reimport the
whole data as that would take too much time. Is that even possible to
split an existing node that way?

Cheers,
Stefan