From Joe Freeman <joe.free...@bitroot.com>
Subject Re: Bulk updates with an _update handler?
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 21:22:33 GMT
On 17 May 2011 21:12, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fairly straight forward I suppose. Bigger question is whether its a good idea.

Why wouldn't it be a good idea?

Here's the problem I face:

The application I'm working on can potentially do lots of sequential
updates to separate documents (using requests to an _update handler).
When this happens there seems to be a big spike in the load on the
server. I'm presuming this is because the views get regenerated after
each of the updates (possibly because I'm using a _changes feed, and
re-requesting the view on each change).

I was under the impression this would be much more efficient if the
updates were being batched (so the view would only get regenerated
once after all the updates have been made?). Maybe I'm
misunderstanding the point of bulk updates, or just how views get
updated?