From Joe Freeman <joe.free...@bitroot.com>
Subject Re: Passing _changes feed through a map function?
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 15:42:44 GMT
On 16 April 2011 16:42, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Joe Freeman <joe.freeman@bitroot.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to pass the _changes feed (with include_docs=true)
>> through a map function (for example, one that exists as part of an
>> existing view)? If not, are there any plans for this?
>
> This functionality is already in trunk/1.1.x branch
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/56086f07c425bd272bda5a6609ed9db3758178ba

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but having had a second look at that
commit, I'm not sure it's really what I'm after.

The feature I'm after involves being able to have a _changes feed with
include_docs=true which also gives me the ability to pass each
document through a map function first so that I can remove unnecessary
(and potentially big) parts of the document. At the moment I have to
listen to _changes, and then for each change, I do another HTTP
request to find out what the change involved - I was hoping to skip
out this extra request.

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding that commit and it does actually do what
I want? Or maybe I'm after the 'other' mechanism that Jan mentioned?

Thanks.