From He Shiming <heshim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimal counter implementation?
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 00:37:18 GMT
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Zachary Zolton
<zachary.zolton@gmail.com> wrote:
> As long as your considering using another datastore, you should consider Redis.
>
> If you're just maintaining count statistics:
> http://redis.io/commands/incr

Thanks. I'm considering CouchDB because I'm familiar with the
document/map-reduce concept. I'm not sure how this counter data will
be used in the future. So I tend to keep a raw log of it. Map-reduce
will allow me to query about just any field.

I used redis for session store, which is strictly a key-value pair.
Redis' incr looks simple. But what if I would like to store raw log,
with time, subject and target? And later on how do I manage to query
by these fields? Sorry for off-topic. I'll redirect this question to
the redis community.

--
Best regards,
He Shiming