From Pasi Eronen ...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 5.6
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 06:29:35 GMT
Probably the easiest way is to compile CouchDB yourself.

There's a build-couchdb script at https://github.com/couchone/build-couchdb,
which claims to work on RHEL, too.

My production environment doesn't like other repositories than official
RHEL, so I'm using a simple Makefile to build Erlang, Curl, and CouchDB
(in a separate directory to avoid conflicts with any RHEL Erlang/Curl packages),
with official "libicu" and "xulrunner" packages.

Basically something like this (slightly simplified):

Erlang:
- untar otp_src_R14B.tar.gz
- ./configure --prefix=$(DST)/erlang --without-termcap --without-javac
--enable-smp-support --disable-hipe
- make && make install

Curl:
- untar curl-7.21.2.tar.gz
- ./configure --prefix=$(DST)/curl
- make && make install

CouchDB:
- untar apache-couchdb-1.0.2.tar.gz
- ERL=$(DST)/erlang/bin/erl ERLC=$(DST)/erlang/bin/erlc
CURL_CONFIG=$(DST)/curl/bin/curl-config LDFLAGS=-L$(DST)/curl/lib
./configure --prefix=$(DST)/couchdb
--with-erlang=$(DST)/erlang/lib/erlang/usr/include/
--with-js-include=$(XULRUNNER_INCLUDE) --with-js-lib=$(XULRUNNER_LIB)

Best regards,
Pasi