From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ubuntu 11.0.4 crashes Couchdb 1.0.2 install
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 15:44:41 GMT
On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Jochen Kempf <jochenkempf@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link.
>
> However, I don't really understand how to fix which file.
>
> Istn't there a simple solution like the one I tried - uninstalling xulrunner
> 2.0 and reinstalling xulrunner 1.9.2.17?
>

> 2011/5/5 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>
>
>> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Jochen Kempf <jochenkempf@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Paul,
>> >
>> > I tried to fix by uninstalling xulrunner-2.0 and reinstalling
>> > xulrunner-1.9.2.17
>> >
>> > Running xulrunner -v shows "xulrunner-1.9.2.17", but the make still fails
>> > with
>> > "couchjs-http.o: In function `status':
>> > http.c:(.text+0x78d): undefined reference to `INT_FITS_IN_JSVAL'
>> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status"
>> >

>> > Where can I find the downstream patch?

>> 1.0.2

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1078

I haven't tested this patch personally, but theoretically this is what
you'd need to do to get it to build:

    $ cd /path/to/couchdb/
    $ wget https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12472248/mozjs2.0.patch
    $ patch -p1 < mozjs2.0.patch
    $ ./bootstrap && ./configure && make

Ubuntu has moved more aggressively to using the newer SpiderMonkey
API's. Unfortunately we need to be able to simultaneously support
older versions of SpiderMonkey so its taken us a bit longer to get
support into trunk. I (or any other motivated person) still need to
sit down and figure out the best way to get our build system to
maintain the current level of support while extending to the new API.