From Wordit <wordi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLVED - Admin password change - Futon?
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 12:46:21 GMT
Thanks Gabor, we did find out how to do this with Futon. Jason
explained how it's done, but it's *not* specific to IrisCouch. Works
on any Couch.

Goto Configuration in Futon, then click "Add new section" and enter
into the dialog:

section = admins; option = admin; value = the new password

Futon will either add an additional admin user or overwrite the
existing password if the user exists.

HTH anyone else in the same predicament,

Marcus

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Gabor Ratky <rgabo@rgabostyle.com> wrote:
> There must be a way to manage this in the CouchOne / IrisCouch interface. Unfortunately
I have no clue where exactly it is. Ask them, if you can't find it.

> On Friday, May 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Wordit wrote:
>
>> Thanks Gabor,
>>
>> The DB is hosted on CouchOne/Couchbase so I cannot access the file
>> system. Do you mean I can delete the admin user in Futon's config
>> section, then recreate it?
>>
>> The DB is in use for a web app so I don't want to disrupt it except
>> for a minute or so.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Gabor Ratky <rgabo@rgabostyle.com (mailto:rgabo@rgabostyle.com)>
wrote:
>> > Edit the [admins] section of local.ini (usually at /usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini
but depends on where you have couchdb installed). You can just have "username = password"
in plain text, CouchDB will take care of hashing the password afterwards. Also, if you delete
all admin rows, you are back to admin party and you can set up a shiny new admin user using
Futon.