From Torstein Krause Johansen <torsteinkrausew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does CouchDB support gzip encoding?
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 08:53:42 GMT
Hi again,

On 25 May 2011 16:10, Torstein Krause Johansen
<torsteinkrausework@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 May 2011 15:05, Andrew Stuart (SuperCoders)
> <andrew.stuart@supercoders.com.au> wrote:
>> I put nginx in front of the server as a reverse proxy and configure it to do
>> the GZIP compression.

> But after restarting nginx, it seems like I'm still getting text/plain:
>
>  wget  --header="Accept-Encoding: gzip" -S -O /dev/null
> "http://localhost:80/memento/ ...
> [..]
>  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>  Server: nginx/1.0.1
>  Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 08:06:34 GMT
>  Connection: close
>  Vary: Accept-Encoding
>  Etag: "8YHQMMO1RSGW6DKQHQDBM8X6L"
>  Cache-Control: must-revalidate
>
> What am I missing here?

Mhmm, running the same test with curl instead of wget gave me the
desired results. Odd.

The GET still took ~5.5 seconds, though, even though the amount of
data is 1.1M instead of 14M.

Since the _id is half of the data and I don't really need it; is there
any way (outside of a list which takes too long time for so many rows)
to omit the _id (and key) in the view result? (I need the key when
doing the view "search" so I have to emit it in my map.js).

Cheers,

-Torstein