From Milan Andric <mand...@medicmobile.org>
Subject Re: CouchDBX nightlies are defunkt
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 17:36:29 GMT
Jan responded to my question on Couchbase forums, they are doing
nightly builds for OSX, thread/instructions here:

http://techzone.couchbase.com/forums/thread/couchdbx-nightlies-are-defunkt

Reposting here:

"""
Be running the latest Couchbase Server for OS X.

Tell Terminal you want to be on the alpha track

defaults write com.couchbase.couchbase-server SUFeedURL
http://appcast.couchbase.com/couchbase-alpha.xml

Check for updates.
"""

--
Milan

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Milan Andric <mandric@medicmobile.org> wrote:
> Thanks Brian, but I'm looking for a dev version of couch so
> downloading from couchbase is not useful since they only offer certain
> releases and they are not clear on what version of couchdb they ship,
> either.  If you do a couchdb -V on  the binary shipped with couchbase
> you get 1.1.1 but that does not correspond to features in 1.1 in the
> actual couchdb project, for example _replicator database is not there.
>
> $ /Applications/Couchbase\
> Server.app/Contents/Resources/couchdbx-core/bin/couchdb -V
> couchdb - Apache CouchDB 1.1.1
>
> I assume since CouchDB 1.1.1 has not been released or is not tagged in
> svn that is an internal couchbase release number?  So it is a bit
> confusing as to what is in the release.   On top of that the couchdbx
> (osx) nightlies have disappeared.  I have a couchdb working but
> building my own is not ideal, so I'm curious if nightlies builds of
> dev are available somewhere.  Apologies for the noise.
>
> Milan
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Brian Chamberlain
> <blchamberlain@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, It looks like you're having trouble compiling the Readline package.
>> I've had problems with that in the past but unfortunately I can't offer any
>> advice now since it was so long ago. You might try upgrading your Xcode and
>> then trying to install just the readline package.
>>
>> Or you could download the package from Couchbase... That's probably your
>> best bet for a stand alone couch.
>>
>> Best of luck
>> Brian
>>
>> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Milan Andric <mandric@medicmobile.org>wrote:
>>
>>> I tried homebrew but no luck, dependency issues and homebrew says I
>>> should report a bug.  Gist: https://gist.github.com/983012
>>>
>>> I think the build difficulty of couchdb warrants binary distribution,
>>> that is if you want developers using it easily on OSX, Windows and
>>> Linux.
>>>
>>> Milan

>>> it

Does