From Yves Serrano...@yas.ch>
Subject vhost rewrite and httpd_global_handlers
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 00:08:45 GMT
hi

I'm new to couchdb and it makes fun to play with it :-).
I using vhost and rewrites to get nice urls. I also have defined some static html via
[httpd_global_handlers]
static = {couch_httpd_misc_handlers, handle_utils_dir_req, "/path/to/static"}

My problem is that I can't get access to http://127.0.0.1:5984/static from my vhost http://couchdb.local/static.

I get into a 301 redirect loop, which stops after to much recursion.

I tried this rewrite rule:
{
    "from": "/static/*",
    "to": "../../../static/*"
},

// my vhost setup
[vhosts]
cochdb.local:5984 = /mydb/_design/mydb/_rewrite/

I needed to set secure_rewrites to false, otherwise I get the error: "insecure_rewrite_rule".
Is there a better way?

I'm using couchdb 1.0.2. I want to archive this without any other http server like apache
to keep it simple.
What I'm doing wrong? Is this possible with couchdb 1.0.2? If not, will it be possible with
couchdb 1.1.0?

regards
yves