From Sean Copenhaver <>
Subject Re: couchDB and node.js double bind
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 20:52:02 GMT
If the relationships were bi-directional then perhaps your map function could look like this:

function(doc) {
emit([doc._id], null);
for(var i = 0; i < doc.related.length; i++){
emit([doc.related[i], doc._id], null);

When you query for a specific doc id you would get that document plus all the other related
documents. Something like:

If they were one way then yeah, I believe you would need to do some looping or make a second

Sean Copenhaver
Sent with Sparrow