From Marcos Ortiz <mlor...@uci.cu>
Subject Re: URL for _all_docs
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 20:31:52 GMT
On 05/23/2011 02:56 PM, Johannes Schneider wrote:

>> Anyway, I see 2 simple solutions:
>>
>> 1. write a view that emit all docs
> Yes - I followed that solution. My idea is: This view is really, really
> large. So it needs quite some time to generate. Therefore I'd preferd to
> use the existing view that still exists..
Well, you can write you custom views using Map/Reduce functions and
stores the results on its discs for high performance.
On the "CouchDB: The Definitive Guide"´s Book, on Chapter 6 "Finding
Your Data with Views", there are good examples of the
views´s development.

Regards

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
  Software Engineer (Large-Scaled Distributed Systems)