From Ivo Kammerath <ivolat...@gmail.com>
Subject Merging many DataBases into one
Date Mon, 23 May 2011 10:35:56 GMT
Hello,

I am in a similar situation as the one Stefan is working towards
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201105.mbox/raw/%3CBANLkTimubddjMqKAmQ4Bf1=BXhqyUArZnw@mail.gmail.com%3E/)
However I would like to do the exact opposite. So instead of splitting
one DB into two, I would like to merge eight DBs into one.

As source I have 8 DBs/shards on 8 couchdb instances, or alternatively I
also have a backup of all 8 shards on one couchdb instance. I would like
to move these 8 shards onto a new node, on which they would exist as a
single DB on a single couchdb instance. I considered simply read/writing
it doc by doc, but due to the size of the 8 shards this does not seem a
valid option.

many thanks in advance
Ivo