From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication order
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 01:28:07 GMT
I'm curious why are you worried about multiple revisions of a document?

On May 18, 2011, at 7:20 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Ryan Hiebert <ryan@ryanhiebert.com> wrote:
>> When replication is being done, in what order will the changes be applied?  In the
order that they happened, or in the order of the _id they refer to, or some other ordering,
or is there no ordering that can be expected.  For instance, if I move a document, I would
like to make sure that I never have two versions of the document.  To this end, I first delete
the document, and then create it again with the new _id.  In a replicated database, can I
be sure that the document will be first deleted, and then created on the replicated database?