From MK ...@cognitivedissonance.ca>
Subject Re: couchDB and node.js double bind
Date Sun, 22 May 2011 20:57:15 GMT
On Sun, 22 May 2011 11:55:42 -0600
Ryan Ramage <ryan.ramage@gmail.com> wrote:
> You create a view, emitting all the docs you will need and the key
> will be the primary id that you will query on, and then create a list
> function over top? Then you would only have one thing to query.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List

This is very tantalizing, I have not played with lists yet and
hopefully can work something out.  From looking at the docs, I don't
think using the primary id as a "key" will work, this will simply give
me the data for one doc and not many.  But if I can use custom query
parameters in the list function, I can transform the array from the
primary doc into an object and test against the keys from that.

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)