From James Marca <jma...@translab.its.uci.edu>
Subject Re: CouchDB Architecture for Modern Web Applications
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 02:39:15 GMT
On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 07:48:46PM -0700, Chris Anderson wrote:
> I think these are good questions.
>
> It is important, if you are gonna build a replicating app, that you
> get used to thinking of replication filters as the security model.

I for one would really appreciate more documentation and examples on
building real world replication filters.

I'm saying that not having checked the Wiki or the couch book text
lately, so maybe it is there and I didn't understand what I was
reading the first time through.  If so I apologize and would
humbly accept pointers and scolding.

I remember reading a case study of a company that was using filtered
replication to expose some but not all data to their clients on a
client by client basis (something about bidding on jobs with spare lab
capacity where some jobs were confidential).  That was really cool,
and I would love to know how to do something like that, but I can't
figure it out on my own.

--
James E. Marca
Researcher