From "Sajeesh P N" <sajees...@tataelxsi.co.in>
Subject Re: Queries on CouchDB tests done using Tsung
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 10:03:00 GMT
Do we need to increase the max connections configuration in Couchdb to
increase the no. of requests it can handle. I have 3 Tsung clients, should I
have to do any system related configurations in Couchdb like max open
files??

I am facing a problem like, even though I used 3 tsung clients or 1 client,
the max no. of requests to Couchdb is around 1000 per sec. I could not
increase it further... and getting CouchDB errors like ("mochiweb socket
server .... acceptor error... accept failed"). Do you have any idea about
this ?

Thanks,
Sajeesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sebastian Cohnen" <sebastiancohnen@googlemail.com>
To: <user@couchdb.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: Queries on CouchDB tests done using Tsung

I'm currently doing some performance analysis/engineering for a customer of
mine using tsung (not benchmarking couchdb though). To generate load in this
magnitude reliably you'll need either more machines generating the load, or
doing more requests in each session (even if they are all the same). Using
more requests per session vs one request per session has proven to work for
me much better - especially when the response time per request is low.

You should specify you scenarios according to your usage patterns (e.g.
read/write ratio, accessing views etc.). Simply hammering on reading docs
e.g. is probably not very meaningful for a real world application.

Another thing you should consider is using a proxy/http accelerator like
varnish to serve cacheable resources.