From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: change notifications question
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 09:42:31 GMT
CouchDB does not provide revisioning or history features to the end
user at all. This is a common mistake.

The use of _rev and MVCC is purely a mechanism to enable sane
replication between servers where writes are permitted everywhere.
CouchDB's replication will only ensure that the current version* of
any document is replicated, earlier revisions are *not* replicated.
Earlier revisions are also removed on compaction, which is an
essential maintenance operation.

B.

* Strictly, CouchDB replicates all leaf revisions of all documents,
the difference is only noticeable if a document has conflicts (all
conflicting versions will be replicated).