From Jonathan Weiss ...@innerewut.de>
Subject Re: Scaling CouchDB
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:36:54 GMT
> 2. Is there a strategy to for disk spanning to go beyond the 1TB limit by incorporating
multiple volumes or do we need to leverage a solution like BigCouch which seems to require
us to spin up multiple CouchDB's and do some sort of sharding/partitioning of data?  I'm
curious on how queries that span shards/partitions works or if this is transparent.

We (Scalarium - an EC2 cluster management solution BTW :-) run many
servers with > 1TB disks thanks to software RAID over multiple EBS
volumes. It not only help avoid the 1TB limitation but also improves
performance and reliability.

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Weiss