From Varun Thacker <varunthacker1...@gmail.com>
Subject GSOC Prospective student
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:00:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm Varun Thacker , a Computer Science student from Manipal Institute
of Technology , India. This might be a bit late but I hope I can find
an idea and a mentor to work on as a GSOC project.

I learn't about CouchDB last December in a talk at FOSS.IN . I have
worked a bit on MapReduce and gave a talk on it at
(http://www.lugmanipal.org/2010/04/09/distributed-computing-and-mapreduce/
). Are there any projects or tasks which I can take up ?

I am a active member of our college's Linux Users Group
(http://lugmanipal.org/) and have actively participated in FOSS
activities in India, attending Pycon India 2009 and FOSS.IN in 2010.
In December 2010 I helped an Indian Institute of Technology , Delhi
professor in coding for his research paper on the Quadratic Assignment
problem. This march i took part in Startup Weekend Bangalore
(http://bangalore.startupweekend.org/) . By the end of the weekend
this is what our team made - http://www.makemytripfast.in/ .

I would love to be able to contribute and learn from CouchDB community
this summer.

--

Regards,
Varun Thacker