From Varun Thacker <>
Subject GSOC Prospective student
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:00:49 GMT

I'm Varun Thacker , a Computer Science student from Manipal Institute
of Technology , India. This might be a bit late but I hope I can find
an idea and a mentor to work on as a GSOC project.

I learn't about CouchDB last December in a talk at FOSS.IN . I have
worked a bit on MapReduce and gave a talk on it at
). Are there any projects or tasks which I can take up ?

I am a active member of our college's Linux Users Group
( and have actively participated in FOSS
activities in India, attending Pycon India 2009 and FOSS.IN in 2010.
In December 2010 I helped an Indian Institute of Technology , Delhi
professor in coding for his research paper on the Quadratic Assignment
problem. This march i took part in Startup Weekend Bangalore
( . By the end of the weekend
this is what our team made - .

I would love to be able to contribute and learn from CouchDB community
this summer.

Varun Thacker

View raw message