From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: triggering all (necessary) view update
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:32:54 GMT
Magie,

I didn't read your post as offensive, don't worry. The problem is
mostly that compaction is an intensive process so scheduling it
automatically is tricky; the right schedule will vary by use case. I
can see the scheduler becoming very complicated in order to
accommodate as many cases as possible.

I think it would be better done externally, even if that's in the form
of some kind of official couchdb plugin or addon. Once the next couple
of releases are behind us (1.0.3 and 1.1.0), we'll be reorganizing the
source tree to make things more manageable (and separated). That would
be a good time to consider a compaction scheduler add-on.

B.