From Jason Lane <jasonlane...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: A Call to Arms: Fighting the SharePoint/SQL Mobile Development Stack
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:08:59 GMT
Why don't you look at non-blocking architecture throughout the stack. I'd
recommend looking at Couchdb & Nodejs. I gave a presentation at work
recently on concurrent, non-blocking, event based architectures at my work.
I work for Thomsonreuters, big lumbering corporation that it is.

sent from my Nexus S
On Apr 15, 2011 1:58 PM, "Chad Cross" <chadcross@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm in the middle of what could be a very interesting opportunity for my
> company and I'm in need of assistance.
>
> Our accounting system, Microsoft Dynamics SL, is central to everything we
> do. Right now we have a need for a mobile app that interacts with a very
> small subset of data stored in this system. Currently, others in my tiny
IT
> department are pushing hard and evaluating a solution that involves
> SharePoint 2010 (which we already own) for hosting, InfoPath for form
> creation, and 3rd party wrappers that allow the "application" to be
accessed
> via Android, Windows Mobile 6.5, and iOS. Those wrappers include Mobile
> Entree <http://www.mobileentree.com/>,
> SharePlus<http://www.southlabs.com/detail.aspx?id=SharePlus>,
> and others that they discover every day.
>
> Their biggest concern is concurrency. The idea that a service technician
> could be in the field and interacting with the software to pull down
> information about a specific trouble ticket, walk into an area without
> coverage, and still be able to input data. When they return to coverage,
> the app should handle pushing that data back to the database without
> encountering concurrency issues.
>
> I'm sure some of you have experience battling suits when it comes to
> proposing alternative solutions (and in my case, "alternative" means
> non-Microsoft), so I would like for anyone that has experience with
CouchDB