From Nebu Pookins <nebupook...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed: is couchDB a good fit for my app?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:05:22 GMT
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Jeroen van Dijk
<jeroentjevandijk@gmail.com> wrote:
> So far I don't understand why this approach is needed
> when it seems one could also use:
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication#Filtered_Replication directly.
> However, I have no practical experience with this so I would be happy to
> hear why that is not feasible.

I don't have any practical experience with filtered replication
either, but from reading the docs, it seems like the user decides
whether or not they want to filter their replication by passing in the
name of the filter-function in the URL. Therefore, you can't use this
to restrict access to a document, because otherwise, a user could just
modify the URL to remove the filter, and thus gain access to all
documents.

- Nebu