From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ann] refuge couchdb distribution
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 22:04:55 GMT
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While working on the refuge project (more soon about it I promise), we
> needed a custom distribution of CouchDB that would allow us to embed
> it in our own project using rebar. *refuge couchdb distribution* is
> just that, a custom distribution of couchdb using rebar that only
> require erlang to be installed. Other features are:
>
> * Apache CouchDB 1.2x based (current trunk right now)
> * Geocouch integrated
> * Fast json encoding/decoding using eep0018 module.
> * No dependancies but erlang. Modules are statically linked against
> spidermonkey and icu provided during installation.
> * Compatible with MacOS and Linux, support for BSDs and Windows is
> coming. (binaries too)
> * Fully opensource. All the sources are on refuge GIT repository
> (http://refuge.io/code) under Apache License 2.
>
> More features will be added in near futures, mostly modules we will
> use in refuge and we will keep it in sync with Apache CouchDB changes.
>
> To install and find more info about it go on http://rcouch.refuge.io .
>
> Hope it will be useful,
>
> enjoy :)
>

> - benoît

Updated rcouch to support mozilla 1.8.5, aldo installation from
binaries is now working. There is no need to install erlang, you just
need an OS base. Platforms supported are for now linux 2.6
i386/x86_64, macosx 10.6/10.7 i386 . freebsd support is coming. You
can find binaries here:

http://rcouch.refuge.io/#installation-from-binaries

@kocolosk the couchdb version is now displaying the last used git.

enjoy :)