From Chad Cross <chadcr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A Call to Arms: Fighting the SharePoint/SQL Mobile Development Stack
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 12:53:04 GMT
It's encouraging that you were able to propose that sort of solution at such
a company.

I have a surprise meeting in 4 hours to discuss "solutions".  I think this
may be an admittance that SharePoint is not the right solution for what we
want, but unfortunately I don't have much of anything to show in such a
short period of time.

Here is the basic usage scenario:

   1. Technican approaches downloads building information/ticket information
   to his/her mobile for a service request.
   2. Technican enters building and no longer has connectivity to the remote
   server
   3. Technican enters data on their mobile about the work they've completed
   (assuming this is HTML/JS based, the local data store could be used to
   temporarily store this data?)
   4. Technican returns to coverage area and needs to send their data back
   to the remote server (by all accounts we have to create our own conflict
   resolution system if the records the Technican wishes to update have been
   updated while they were out of coverage)

I'm sure this is small potatoes for the community at large to explain to one
another, but what's the proper way to discuss this with peers/superiors that
are completely stuck in a .NET mindset?

Thanks everyone!

-Chad