From Hendrik Jan van Meerveld <haa...@gmail.com>
Subject Redirect the welcome page without breaking Futon?
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 22:04:59 GMT
Hi Couch users,

For my new Couchdb website I am looking to a way to achieve the following.
I would like my visitors to just type "http://www.mysite.com/" and be
redirected to another page.

Using Nginx as a reverse proxy works if I use the following rewrite:

location / {
rewrite ^ /mydatabase/_design/main/_show/blah/home permanent;
 proxy_pass http://localhost:5984;
proxy_redirect off;
 proxy_set_header Host $host;
 }

The problem with this approach is that Futon starts complaining because the
welcome page is no valid JSON anymore.

Is there a way to redirect "http://www.mysite.com" and still keep Futon
working.

Thanks for any help.