From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tools to move to mongodb if necessary
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:03:37 GMT
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Zdravko Gligic <zgligic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> WIth the JSON encoder changes + the Snappy compression, the database
> size is coming down pretty dramatically and is going to be growing at
> a slower rate. I think automatic compaction is on the roadmap as well.
>
> Any ideas (even if vague ones) how long it might be before these
> changes are released?

The encoder changes are already on trunk, and further improvements on
this might come. The snappy compression is proposed for trunk [1], but
it's not the compression itself that gives the big impact in the view
indexer, it's more avoiding copying erlang terms between several
processes in the view indexer, which is expensive.
Right now the efforts are to release 1.1 asap. 1.2 will come out of trunk.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1120

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org