From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spontaneous view rebuild after view compaction?
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:48:18 GMT
Hi Paul,

I believe this odd behavior has been seen in the wild but I don't
think the cause has been isolated.

B.

On 13 April 2011 14:07, Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@sophos.com> wrote:
> I've had my largest view spontaneously decide to rebuild itself from scratch a couple
of times now, starting immediately after a view compaction finishes.

> I seem to remember someone pointing at a ticket for this problem a while ago but searching
around in Jira I couldn't find it. Does it ring any bells with anyone?

> I have a suspicion I'm hitting some kind of race condition whereby if the view is queried
while the compaction process is attempting to swap the files over it just triggers a fresh
build. I've turned off my regular view touching for the moment and I'm going to see if it
happens again but as my view takes over a day to build it's getting pretty frustrating so
any suggestions would be really appreciated.