From Nebu Pookins <nebupook...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:19:11 GMT
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Mage <mage@mage.hu> wrote:
> I am new to CouchDB and actually reading the fine Relax book.

I'm new to CouchDB too.

> As far as I understand I have to setup 3 * 2 replication ways (push and
> pull from A to B, A to C and b to C). I need realtime sync (continous
> replication?).

>From what I understand, there's a replication mode in CouchDB such
that the CouchDB can keep the connection open, an as changes occur on
the server, information about these changes are set over the
connection so that the client is immediately notified. That's probably
as close to realtime as you can get.

> The real goal is that if node C goes down, for example because of
> network error, then it comes up I'd like to be sure it starts synching
> again in all ways (like it did before the error) without manual
> interference.
>
> It would be also good to be able to restart node C (or B
> or A) and have it working again without doing anything on the other
> nodes (A and B). I prefer configuration over crontab jobs.

>From what I heard, CouchDB "forgets" all replicaiton settings on
restart, so you'd need to do this via an external script that can
detect when CouchDB has crashed, and restart it, along with
reconfiguring all of its replications.

> Getting e-mail about conflicts would be also vital for a web app.

I haven't seen anything like this in CouchDB, but then again, I'm still a noob.

- Nebu