From Luis Miguel Silva <>
Subject Re: Update conflicts?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 16:27:37 GMT
heheh, well, i'm creating a cloud solution for others to use when they
can't architect their own stuff so...i think i have an excuse! ;o)

Essentially, my problem is not just solving these "small problems"
but, instead, maintaining them in an elegant way others can use / take
advantage off.
CouchDB would be a part of our cloud solution and we would need people
to be able to very easily adapt the database / change it according to
their own needs - and THAT is very hard to productize...

Plus, there is definitely a learning curve in CouchDB! I'm very
excited about the features it has but, every time i write to this
list, someone points me to a brand new thing i had never heard about
before :oP
- bulk_docs api
- changes api
- lists
- updater functions
- ...

It's exciting to find out about these things BUT overwhelming ;o)

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 10:10 AM, kowsik <> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Luis Miguel Silva
> <> wrote:
>> Thank you all very much for all your suggestions!
>> I'm going to report to my company that, in theory, we can overcome the
>> problems we are encountering and i'll see what they want to do (either
>> continue investing in CouchDB research, research MongoDB or develop
>> our own solution from scratch)...
> Sorry, couldn't resist:
> :)
> K.